In 2018 NBN and Council collaborated to ‘wrap’ a number of nodes in the Hunter’s Hill Council Conservation Zone. There are six nodes that have been wrapped with historical images. Use the map below to locate each of the boxes.
Vila Maria Wharf at the bottom of De Milhau street looking south across Tarban Bay. The Una Ferry ran from this wharf 1898-1927. (Photo courtesy of St Josephs College archive)
View to Villa Maria and Gladesville road from the top of St Josephs College – 1897
Villa Maria Wharf and Joeys rowing shed from Tarban Bay
St John Baptist Preparatory School operated from 1922-1965 and was located at 37 Gladesville Road. The College was run by the Sisters of the Sacred Heart. In 1965 the College became Mary McKillop College.
Reeves Dairy Milkman delivery Crescent Street.
Heck Howard’s Garage Gladesville Road (now Howard Place).
Needhams General Store Alexandra Street c 1910
W.S Cliftons Pharmacy Dispensing Chemist, Alexandra Street
NSW chemist and druggist registered 1887 certification number 457
T. Cuneo Family Butcher and Ice Works, shop and residence Alexandra Street
Looking west down Alexandra Street
M.J Geraghty Licensed Sanitary Plumber and Gas Fitter
Hunters Hill Corner of Ferry & Foss Street
Garibaldi Hotel built 1861 – present corner of Ferry and Alexandra Street
Memorial reveal 1914, The building behind is 2-4 Woolwich Road
Clarkes Point looking east Oct1969
Woolwich Street Fair 1902
Woolwich Baths 1940s
opened 1907 – present
22 Alexandra Street, Hunters Hill NSW 2110
PO Box 21, Hunters Hill NSW 2110
Tel: (02) 9879 9400
8:30am – 4.30pm
Customer Service phone lines open 8.00am – 5.00pm
(02) 9879 9400
1300 136 460
We acknowledge that The Wallumedegal people of the Eora Nation are the Traditional Custodians of this land.