22 Alexandra Street, Hunters Hill NSW 2110

Reporting issues to Hunter’s Hill Council

The following requests can be submitted here

    • General Council Event Enquiry
    • Report an Issue
    • Abandoned Vehicles
    • Unsafe or poor condition footpath
    • Dead animal on a public road
    • Graffiti or vandalism of public property
    • Illegal dumping of rubbish
    • Maintenance required on or inside a Council building
    • Excessive noise
    • Overgrown land on a private property
    • Overgrown land on Council or public property
    • Request pruning or removal of living trees on council or public property
    • Request removal of dead trees or fallen branches


When you should not use the online request service

The online service requests are not suitable for detailed or customer specific requirements. Unsuitable requests include services such as the lodgement of applications, objections to development proposals, requests for residents parking permits

You can call Council on weekdays from 8.00am to 5.00pm on 9879 9400

Issues about a specific service, property or policy need to be made in writing. Complaints or problems that you personally require a response to must be made in writing. A valid written report can include those delivered by the postal service or by e-mail to Council. You should include a detailed description of the problem.

Types of problems that can be reported in writing include:

  • Complaints about vermin/pest infestations on neighbouring properties
  • Change of mailing address for your rate notice
  • Objections or support for proposed development


Report It with Snap Send Solve

Download the Snap Send Solve App to your mobile.

Whenever, wherever it suits you, use the Snap Send Solve app to tell us about issues in our community.

What can I Snap Send Solve the Council about?

Snap Send Solve can be used to report a problem such as a pothole, fallen tree, illegal dumping, request information or give us general feedback.

How does Snap Send Solve work?

The app is free to download on iPhone, iPad and Android devices. It lets anyone easily take a photo of an issue or provide general feedback, and immediately share with us so we can address the issue.

Once we receive your notification through Snap Send Solve, it will be processed by Council and you’ll get a response as quickly as possible.

All details associated with reports sent from Snap Send Solve are shared from the app using your email address. This helps us get in contact with you and let you know when we’ve resolved the issue.

Issues that are not managed by Council

The supermarket companies offer online reporting tools.


Trolley Tracker – includes Big W, Dan Murphy’s, IGA and Woolworths

To report traffic lights not working, or any other roadside damage, including damaged traffic signs or potholes, call the Transport Management Centre on 13 17 00. They also have an online tool available at www.rms.nsw.gov.au


Water is a precious resource and we all need to save it whenever possible.

If you’ve seen water leaking in a public place, such as on a road or footpath, please contact Sydney Water so they can investigate the problem. If the problem is urgent, or you’re reporting between 11 pm and 6 am, please call Sydney Water on 13 20 90.

You can report a leak online at sydneywater.com.au/SW/water-the-environment/what-you-can-do/report-a-leak/

If a boating accident occurs in any port or navigable water in NSW, the master of the vessel must report the incident. Full details on reporting is available on the Roads and Maritime Services website.

Vessel Incident Report FormsVessel Incident Report Forms are available on this page, or can be obtained at any Roads and Maritime operations centre or NSW Police.

You can help keep our community  safe by reporting problems with power poles and wires.

In an event of an electrical emergency call Ausgrid on 13 13 88 

You can report any issues to Ausgrid via their website – ausgrid.com.au/In-your-community/Report-a-problem

Fallen powerlines and poles are dangerous: treat all powerlines as live and stay well clear.



You can make a complaint about aircraft noise through the Air Services Australia website.

See Dealing with neighbours for more information.

Hunter’s Hill Council

22 Alexandra Street, Hunters Hill NSW 2110
PO Box 21, Hunters Hill NSW 2110
Tel: (02) 9879 9400

Opening Hours

8:30am – 4.30pm
Customer Service phone lines open 8.00am – 5.00pm
(02) 9879 9400
Waste Services
1300 136 460

All Contact Details