Originally known as Blandville, Henley now rests in a quiet enclave on the Parramatta River. Henley has a mix of schools, sandstone homes, sports fields and community buildings, including:
The Gladesville Hospital (Lunatic Asylum as it was known) was built in 1838. The hospital occupied both sides of Victoria Road. However, the buildings that stood where Huntleys Cove is now were demolished in the 90’s. The only building remaining on the north side of Victoria Road is The Priory.
Originally called Tarban, Huntleys Cove was developed in the early 2000’s. Huntleys Cove is connected to Riverglade Reserve, with walks and connections to Tarban Creek. Flora and fauna are an important part of life in Huntleys Cove with strong links to bushland and native wildlife corridors.
Children play soccer on the Riverglade Reserve playing fields and students from St Joseph’s College use the rowing shed on Tarban Creek. Recreation is visible throughout Huntleys Cove with dog walkers, people doing Tai Chi and locals and visitors alike wandering through the area and admiring the views down the Parramatta River.
Huntleys Point is a small suburb facing the Parramatta River. Huntleys Point is characterised by sandstone residential properties, Riverside Girls High School and the Huntleys Cove Wharf which ferries passengers up and down the Parramatta River.
22 Alexandra Street, Hunters Hill NSW 2110
PO Box 21, Hunters Hill NSW 2110
Tel: (02) 9879 9400
8:30am – 4.30pm
Customer Service phone lines open 8.00am – 5.00pm
(02) 9879 9400
1300 136 460
We acknowledge that The Wallumedegal people of the Eora Nation are the Traditional Custodians of this land.