hh logo
Skip Links
Text Size
Text Bigger
Text Smaller
Last Updated
Wednesday, August 29, 2018

HUNTERS HILL NBN NODE PUBLIC ART PROJECT

In 2018 NBN and Council collaborated to ‘wrap’ a number of nodes in the Hunter’s Hill Council Conservation Zone. There are six nodes that have been wrapped with historical images. The images relate specifically to the area where the node is located.

38-40 GLADESVILLE ROAD

Villa Maria Wharf
38-40GladesvilleRd Street View
Vila Maria Wharf at the bottom of De Milhau street looking south across Tarban Bay. The Una Ferry ran from this wharf 1898-1927. (Photo courtesy of St Josephs College archive)
View towards Riverglade Reserve
38-40 Gladesville Rd Footpath
View to Villa Maria and Gladesville road from the top of St Josephs College - 1897
Villa Maria Wharf and rowers
38-40GladesvilleRd Top View
Villa Maria Wharf and Joeys rowing shed from Tarban Bay

The Original Images

Villa Maria Wharf
View towards Riverglade Reserve
Villa Maria Wharf and rowers


41 GLADESVILLE ROAD

The Baptist’s College 1939
41 Gladesville Road Footpath View
St John Baptist Preparatory School operated from 1922-1965 and was located at 37 Gladesville Road. The College was run by the Sisters of the Sacred Heart. In 1965 the College became Mary McKillop College.
The Milkman
41 Gladesville Road Street View
Reeves Dairy Milkman delivery Crescent Street.
Heck Howards Garage
41 Gladesville Road Top View
Heck Howard’s Garage Gladesville Road (now Howard Place).

The Original Images

The Baptist’s College 1939
The Milkman
Heck Howards Garage


24 ALEXANDRA STREET

W.S Cliftons Pharmacy Dispensing Chemist
Needhams
Needhams General Store Alexandra Street c 1910
Needhams General Store
Town hall opening
W.S Cliftons Pharmacy Dispensing Chemist, Alexandra Street
NSW chemist and druggist registered 1887 certification number 457
Town Hall Opening Programme
Town Hall Opening
Hunters Hill Town Hall opening programme 1866

The Original Images

Needhams
Cliftons
Town Hall Opening


33 ALEXANDRA STREET

T. Cuneo
Cuneo's
T. Cuneo Family Butcher and Ice Works, shop and residence Alexandra Street
Alexandra Street
View down Alexandra Street
Looking west down Alexandra Street
M.J Geraghty
Geraghty
M.J Geraghty Licensed Sanitary Plumber and Gas Fitter
Hunters Hill Corner of Ferry & Foss Street

The Original Images

Cuneo
Alexandra St View
Geraghty


8 AMBROSE STREET

Garibaldi Hotel
Image to come
Garibaldi Hotel built 1861 – present corner of Ferry and Alexandra Street
Dedication of War Memorial
Memorial
Memorial reveal 1914, The building behind is 2-4 Woolwich Road
Cuneo Band
Band

The Original Images

Garibaldi Hotel
Memorial
Cuneo Band


94 WOOLWICH ROAD

Clarkes Point
Holder
Clarkes Point looking east Oct1969
Woolwich Street Fair
Woolwich Fair
Woolwich Street Fair 1902
Woolwich Baths
Woolwich Baths
Woolwich Baths 1940s
opened 1907 - present

The Original Images

Clarkes Point
Street Fair
Baths
Powered by