hh logo
Skip Links
Text Size
Text Bigger
Text Smaller
Last Updated
Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Reporting a problem to Council

You can report any problems to Council in a number of ways depending on the nature of the problem. Some problems can be resolved by a simple telephone call, while others require a formal report in writing. In general, most problems can also be reported in person at the Council Administration Centre, however you depedning on the nature of the problem, you may also be asked to submit it in writing as well.

Problems that Council cannot resolve

Council does not address the following problems and you should refer these to the appropriate authority:

Reporting a problem by telephone

You can call Council on weekdays from 8.00am to 5.00pm on 98799400. You can report incidental problems by phone such as:

  • Your Council waste service has been missed for collection,
  • Overgrown or untidy parks or reserves,
  • Local traffic problems or hazards,
  • etc

Reporting a problem in writing or by e-mail

In general, any problems about a specific service, property or policy needs to be made in writing. Generally speaking, complaints or problems that you personally require a response to also need to be made in writing. A valid written report can include those delivered by the postal service or by e-mail to Council. You should include a detailed description of the problem. Types of problems that can be reported in writing include:

  • Complaints about vermin/pest infestations on neighbouring properties
  • Change of mailing address for your Rate Notice
  • Objections or support for proposed development
  • etc

Reporting an urgent problem

An urgent problem is one where the problem represents an immediate and genuine danger to the community. These can be reported by phone. If the problem arises outside Council's normal business hours, then telephone Council on 98799400 and listen for the recorded message outlining the process to contact the Duty Officer. Please note that the Duty Office can only attent to urgent problems.

Urgent problems can include things like:

  • Opened or missing manholes
  • Fallen trees onto roads
  • Illegal removal of Council street trees
Powered by